Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Snail Gel is good for your skin?



I have tried out a variety of different products from Dr Organic and have loved everything I have tried so far. About 8 weeks ago, I was browsing through my local Holland and Barrett at the Dr Organic range and came across the Organic Snail Gel Anti-Aging Facial Serum.

The serum claims to restore, soothe and nourish your skin. It also claims to improve your skin's hydration by 32% after 4 weeks of use, now if you have read my posts before you will know that I have very dry skin, so anything that will help hydrate my skin is a  product I want to try. It is free from parabens, SLS, mineral oil and silicones. No SLS = a happy Lauren.





The serum contains Helix Aspersa Muller secretion, which helps with the restoration of damaged tissue whilst replenishing moisture. It sounded too good to not try, so I had to buy it.

I tested it out every day for just over a month. I applied it after my toner and before my facial moisturiser and facial oil. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and moisturised it is unreal. I need all the help I can get with moisturising my skin as it is very very dry, and this really does the trick. It has such a lovely lemony scent to it and the serum sinks in to your skin instantly.

I do not know whether I would say my skin has increased in hydration by 32% after 4 weeks though, as Dr Organic claims, I would say it is pretty much the same as it was before. It is a little expensive compared to other Dr Organic products but isn't that badly priced for facial serum. I will keep using this but I wouldn't say it is one of my holy grail of products, it is just nice when I want a quick moisture boost.

If you want to try this yourself, you can buy it here for £18.99.

Has anyone else tried this before? What serum do you use?

Love Lauren
xoxo

28 comments:

  1. I tried many products from Dr.Organic (the rose scrub is amazing) but I haven't tried this one. Yes, it's a little expensive than the other products from this brand. Too bad it is not a great product!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used the brand. I use a Nu skin serum nowadays, and I am hooked with the brand :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this product, but have used multiple snail gel masks and really enjoyed them. I'll try finding this in my local drugstore.

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in Holland and Barrett and I've been thinking about trying it out!! Just wondering if you have Instagram? Mine is @louisefrancescaa if you want to follow eachother ! X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never tried this ! sounds interesting

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried this before (I think they were handing out teeny samples and H and B) and I've been dying to buy the bigger bottle ever since! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I've always seen this on the shelves of holland & barret & thought it sounded interesting! Sad you didn't see the results it claimed, but I can totally understand why you couldn't resist trying it!

    Katie // Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had heard that snail creams are really good for you, but I find it weird to put it on for some reason.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used this before and sure doesn't really sound promising. Ha!!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard that snail gel actually firms your skin, but I've never tried x
    Yukova by Yuliya Oleynykova

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review! Great blog!
    -Katelyn

    katelynrutt.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, enjoyed reading it :)
    http://beautiliciousd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't actually tried any Dr Organic products, or serums for that matter, it's definitely something I need to invest in! Great review :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. If it actually contains snail juice I don't think I would use it! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds interesting, will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great article - really helpful!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waw such a cool post! I really love these photos, good job! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
    Check my blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw the advert for this and was like whaaaaat! I'm not sure I could bring myself to use it because snails are my worst insect haha. Really interesting review though! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually heard of them using snail gel in some Korean brands. Interesting to see it making it's way into western products as well!


    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't even seen this yet, but it's amazing the concoctions they are coming up with these days. I'm the same skin as you, anything to hydrate it the better!

    Megan
    Denton & Lou 

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah I would find snail serum weird to put on! haha xx

    www.theenglishrosegirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks nice :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It sounds so super weird, and yet I'm intrigued. I would love to try it, even though my skin is pretty normal. I just love anything hydrating! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds really nice... I've heard many good things about snail products, and this one sounds just as nice :) I would love to try it... Great review xx

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds great, hun! :) A little on the pricey side but worth the investment if you want to see the results, I think. <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cannot wait to try this product.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have heard so much about these, I would love to give it a go. I'm always looking for new blogger friends and I love your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other and stay in touch! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've not heard of this before but it actually sounds really good, I may need to bite the bullet and try it out! x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete