Wednesday, 29 June 2016

A tan that works for eczema prone dry and sensitive skin



Since my eczema has started to become worse and worse, one product I have really struggled to use is fake tan.

I am ridiculously pale, so when I go out somewhere nice, I do not feel ready without a tan. Due to my skin becoming increasingly sensitive, I seem to react to any of my usual fake tans like St Tropez and Garnier. My skin seems to be covered in dry and red rashes within hours of me applying fake tan.

I decided to try the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion to see whether a gradual tan would work better with my skin.



The gradual tan claims to build and maintain a natural looking tan with 24 hour moisture. The lotion is made with a special combination of pure Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E to keep skin looking beautiful with a natural-looking glow.

I apply the lotion all over my skin and it sinks in immediately, which is a bonus as I hate having to wait around for ages for my tan to dry. The lotion smells beautifully of cocoa butter which again is a bonus compared to the usual 'biscuit' smell of fake tan.

I notice my skin darkening usually after around 5 hours. My skin looks so naturally bronzed and so healthy looking. I really was surprised with how good this actually turned out.

I find just one application gives me enough glow for day to day normal life, rather than applying it every day. I only apply it two days in a row if I am going on a night out where I want a darker looking tan. This really took me buy surprise as I usually find gradual tanners take days and days of continual use to even show a slight tan on my skin.

I will be using this now every week to keep my skin glowing throughout the summer. My skin is left lovely and soft with not one dry patch or rash in sight.

I do love this fake tanning product but would love to find an organic product next time if possible. If you are aware of any, please let me know.

Have you tried this before?

Love Lauren
xoxo

26 comments:

  1. I love Palmer's products & didn't know they made a fake tanning product. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't until recently, I was pleasantly surprised xx

      Delete
  2. I have tried this too, once only though. But I did like the tan. There is also a gradual tan from Dove which is also great


    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give it a try, thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. Haven't used any of their products before! That's great that it works for sensitive skin. I usually use Jergens Natural Glow Tanning lotion.

    Hope you are having a great summer!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that before, I will have to check it out xx

      Delete
  4. Great post unfortunately I can't use Palmers because cocoa butter is not my friend
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post unfortunately I can't use Palmers because cocoa butter is not my friend
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this sounds like a great product, I'm always looking for new and different tanning products and haven't used this one! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got pale and sensitive skin as well, I'd like to try this product out, hoping to purchase it in Italy :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything that doesn't smell of fake tan gets a thumbs up from me! The only fake tan product I actually like using is the St Tropez one because it's the only one I've tried that I like the smell off. Buuuuut having read this - I love the smell of cocoa butter so might give this a whirl..!

    Katie xx ¦ ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the brand, but haven't seen this gradual tanner. Since I'm also very fair with dry sensitive skin, I need to find this and try it out!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will work perfectly for you :) xx

      Delete
  10. I have ummed and ahhhed about whether to try this one out, I think I may have to. Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try and see if you like it as much as me x

      Delete
  11. I haven't tried this product but do generally love Palmers, great post! :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried this but it sounds like a really good product! Perfect for summer xx

    Sam // What I Know Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I am way too pale naturally for summer xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I didn't until recently but so happy with it x

      Delete
  14. oh woah this brand also have tan.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo I didnt'know Palmer's made one of these! I'm currently using their face oil and loving it!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try this product! Thanks for sharing this post lovely x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete