Friday, 11 March 2016

Let's tone up for Summer



Now, you may have read the title to this and thought 'summer?? that is ages away'. Yes it may be, however if you want a bikini worthy body for our summer holidays then you need to start preparing your body soon.

If you know me at all, you will know that I am not exactly a fitness fan, I would rather watch Netflix in bed than go on my treadmill. I always find an excuse not to exercise. This was always okay for me seeing as I have always had a fast metabolism, however since I turned 27 last year, my metabolism finally started to slow down. My toned tummy is no more and I therefore want to start toning myself up for summer, I don't want to lose any weight, just tone up here and there.

My friend Becky recently recommended the '30 days' app. The app has a list of different workouts to do for 30 days. You just select which exercise(s) you want to do and then do a test for each one. For example if you select you wish to do the plank challenge, you test out how long you can plank for, put the time in the app and then it selects a 30 day workout for you based on that time.

                   



I have selected to do the planking, bridges and squat challenges and will let you know how I get on.

What do you do to get toned?

Love Lauren
xoxo

27 comments:

  1. i really need to get on this too lol! Lets do it :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh hello there handy little app. Downloading now!

    Good luck!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck if you end up doing it too :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh what a fab find! I'll definitely give it a try xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, especially as it is free. Hope it goes well if you end up doing it :) xx

      Delete
  4. oh planking! Don't envy you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it, it drives me mad haha x

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great app when you're stuck for ideas. My least favourite things to do as exercise are burpees and running. Lately, I like mixing things up with things like boxing, dancing and even ping pong :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I never thought of ping pong before, that could be quite fun I could imagine xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the ideas!

    http://danielpoonvignez.blogspot.hk
    Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works well for you if you try it x

      Delete
  7. Next Monday I'll go back to the gym after a long time!!!
    Thanks for sharing :)


    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with this! I've been trying my best to stay consistent with working out as well..

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle a lot as it is no fun at all is it haha x

      Delete
  9. Great advice and I'm so guilty of not getting into a workout routine yet! I used to love watching YouTube videos and doing lunges, squats and different sets in my living room! Trying to get myself signed up to the gym next month to start using weights and it motivates you more! x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck when you go back to the gym. I think I need to try that as I just can't motivate myself sometimes xx

      Delete
  10. It's felt like summer here in South Texas for months now, yet I'm still lazy when it comes to getting that workout routine in. I'm totally going to check out the app, thanks for sharing <3

    http://shijakibanida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lazy too most the time to be honest, this is the only thing I do xx

      Delete
  11. Wow this sounds pretty amazing! I will do it too! I am really lazy when it comes to workout :P

    http://dimianahearts.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, so many other things I would rather be doing x

      Delete
  12. That sounds really cool! I would love to hear all about your results... :) x

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will update you when I do, I am hoping to get a mega toned stomach, if only aye aha xx

      Delete
  13. Great review. I have a few Burts Bees products and really like the brand x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's good.
    http://www.angtiyang.com/

    ReplyDelete