Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Body Shops' Vitamin E Overnight Serum




I am always looking for new skincare products to try to help moisturise my dry and sensitive skin. Recently whilst shopping in my local The Body Shop I came across their Vitamin E range.

First of all, I will let you know that I purchased the Vitamin E facial cleansing wipes and they dried out my skin like crazy and I have had to end up throwing the pack away as they just didn't work for me at all.

I also purchased the Vitamin E Overnight Serum-on-Oil. It claims to replenish and recharge moisture.




I have now used this around 10-15 times after cleansing and toning my face and before my moisturiser. If my skin is in a pretty good condition then this has helped my skin look nice and glowing when I wake up the next morning. However, if my skin is on the dry side, for some reason this oil dries my skin out even more and does not help with moisture one bit.

I will be keeping this product but will probably only be using it when my skin is more hydrated, maybe it will be of more use in the summer?!

If you have normal to combination skin and you want an overnight treatment then I am sure this will work for you but if you do have very dry skin, maybe give this a miss.

Have you used this before? How did your skin react to it?

Love Lauren
xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Great honest review, that's a shame it's been drying your skin out! I haven't tried this product before but would steer clear of it until summer! Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes good thinking, sure I will check it out x

      Delete
  2. i have combo skin so it will probably work better on me :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you ever try it as to how it worked for you xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't used this before and I think I will give it a miss! I can't stand dry skin!!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I want my skin to be as hydrated as possible which is essential at this time of year xx

      Delete
  4. Your blog template looks so great! Terrific post! xx
    junebugmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have combination skin, and I've recently bought a vitamin E mist. I think it works quite nice, but the fragrance is just a bit too strong... I love skincare and exploring what's out there, but it can be quite dangerous, since you never know how your skin is going to react...

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that is what I suffer with but it is great when you do find that product that works amazing for you xx

      Delete
  6. This product seems amazing <3
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would this be for sensitive skin? Do you know?

    Heba xx ||www.theheba.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meant to be yes, I have sensitive skin and my skin didn't react to it in respect of me having any rashes or flared up skin from it, it just dried me out a little xx

      Delete
  8. Thats interesting how you had different reactions to it based on the condition of your skin at the time of use. I have never used this product before.

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have normal-combination skin, it would work great for you x

      Delete
  9. An oil that can dry out skin a bit. Sounds unique. I have oily skin, maybe it can come in handy in summers. Provide the nourishment with making my face feel greasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that but I do have very dry skin, it would probably work for you :) x

      Delete
  10. I've not heard of this range before but it sounds great for someone with normal to oily skin
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really would, shame it didn't suit me x

      Delete
  11. I have combination skin and this worked amazingly on me! Its now a staple in my lil' skincare routine, but loads of people I know hate it...
    -Morgan x | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds very interesting!

    www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete