Thursday, 31 December 2015

New Year Resolutions

So we are on the last day of 2015, this year has flown by!

It wouldn't be the start of the year without people making resolutions. Usually I end up breaking said resolutions after 1-2 weeks but at least I try aye?!

I have decided to make just five resolutions this year, so that they are a little easier to keep all of them. So here goes:-

1. RELAX. I am a constant worrier and get stressed out so easily. I think that this can also trigger my eczema. I therefore need to try and keep as calm as possible this year and find out as many methods as possible to keep me calm.

2. Sleep more. I always tell myself I will get an early night but something always distracts me and before I know it, it is 12:30am and I have to be up in 6 hours time. Sleep is one of the best things for your body, so I need to force myself to start going to bed at a sensible time.

3. Read more. I usually go through stages when it comes to reading. I do not read as much as I would like and usually choose to watch a film instead. I really need to read a lot more in 2016.

4. Save more. I am hoping to buy my first house at the end of the year, I therefore need to stop spending money on silly little things and actually start saving hardcore from tomorrow.

5. Exercise. Since I turned 27 in March it has all gone downhill. I used to be one of those people who seemed to always stay the same weight no matter how much I pigged out. I admit I pretty much can out-eat most people I have ever met due to my big appetite and this has never been a problem before due to my fast metabolism. However, since turning 27, the weight has started to creep on and it will continue to do so until I stop being so lazy and start exercising. If anyone has any good methods of motivation, please share with me.

Do you have any new years resolutions for 2016?

I hope you all have a lovely New Years Eve and a wonderful 2016.

Love Lauren
xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Except for "Relax" there are no resolutions on my list this year. With the baby due in March I know that I really don't have that much influence on the rest for the better part of 2016...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I definetly agree with the 'sleep more', something I need to do.

    Megan X

    www.lifewithmcm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-year-new-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to get back to the gym asap! haha happy new year and I hope you can really buy your house :D Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Happy New Year. Yeah, I need to Sleep More and Save more of financial matters haha.. I really like your blog.
    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    If you follow me, I’ll follow back after it.

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping more is definitely one of mine. Sometimes I just don't know where all the time goes!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with your first one! Relax is top of my list too! x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These seem like great resoloutions, relax is a big one fore me too!

    Elle x

    www.ellemaryjane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all things I'm planning on doing as well. Hope we achieve em, Lauren.
    All the best!! Happy new year! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your resolutions ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely agree with the sleep more and exercise, I'm in need of that!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some great resolutions!! I need to exercise more too!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. My resolutions are... crocheting and knitting :-). I need to learn again, becouse I don`t remember it well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have all the same resolutions as you, I really need to excersize and sleep more! Happy new year!

    Gabrielle Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always said that I am going to save more but it never happens xD and I agree that I need to relax a bit more too. Fellow constant worrier here D:

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  16. Relax would definitely be my top 1 here, except that I'm terrible at it. Not sure it's going to be for 2016.

    Nice blog anyway and a happy new year from Mika - www.la-french-connection.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm the same with reading! I never seem to find time to get stuck into a good book anymore but I used to love it so much so definitely to start making time! Have a lovely 2016!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so bad with sleep lately as well, I keep telling myself I'll go to bed earlier but when it comes down to it I hardly ever do! I've been on a roll these last few days though, I think the trick is just thinking about how tired I'll be in the morning if I get hardly any zzz's.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete