Monday, 14 December 2015

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub Review

So I may be verrrrrrryyyyy late to the party but I finally purchased the Lush Lip Scrub a few weeks ago and I am very annoyed with myself that it has taken me so long to finally buy it.

I suffer from very dry skin and hair but for some weird reason, my lips don't get dry very often which is probably why I haven't been in a rush to try this ever so popular lip scrub.


I love mints, to the extent that I am probably slightly addicted to mints as I eat at least a pack of Extra Strong Mints a day, ooops. So there wasn't must struggle in choosing which scrub to go for, the Mint Julips was clearly the scrub for me.

Lush claims that is is "A gentle lip scrub with more than a hint of mint humbug about it. Turn chapped lips into mint-choc chip lips. Warming peppermint and sweet vanilla combine with real sugar crystals give your lips (and tastebuds) a service, leaving them primed for smooth lipstick application. As soon as you gently rub Mint Julips on your lips, you'll feel its invigorating peppermint oil tingling away while the sugar crystals buff away any flaky skin".

To use you need to slightly dampen your lips and rub the tiniest amount of the scrub on your lips and slightly rub your lips in circular motions. If you follow this with a nice lipbalm, your lips will be perfectly smooth and moisturised, ready for even the driest of lipsticks. 


The smell and taste of the scrub is delicious. It smells absolutely gorgeous and makes you wish that you could actually eat it.

I have been using this 2-3 times a week to keep my lips in top condition this winter and I will definitely be re-purchasing when I finish the tub, which by the way won't be for a long time as it you only require such a small amount each use. 

The scrub is £5.50 for a 25g pot and is available in Lush stores and on their website here.

Love Lauren
xoxo

17 comments:

  1. i have the bubblegum one which ive been using for months, I really want to finish it so i can try different flavours :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same, I really want to try the bubblegum one but won't get it until this one has run out :) xx

      Delete
  2. Nice post! <3 <3
    Please view my blog! <3 <3
    http://mirjanafashion.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the bubblegum scrub and I love it. This one sounds so nice so I need to finish mine so I can justify buying this one! x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try that one next, I did smell it in store and it smelt amazing xx

      Delete
  4. I never managed to finish one, I replaced them after about a year or so when the pot was still half way filled.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine they are near enough impossible to finish. Definitely worth the money :) x

      Delete
  5. i've heard such good things about this so i'll definitely have to give it a go! i've followed you now on bloglovin so i'd really appreciate it if you checked my blog out as well and maybe gave me a follow too!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try it too! Looks perfect.
    Very nice blog! :)
    KattyLife

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAA I need to try it soon, thanks fit sharing. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lush products so much, though I've yet to test out the lip scrub. It sounds amazing though! Great review :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I absolutely love this lip scrub!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My lips are so dry as we speak. This sounds amazing! I love Lush products! :) Must try!

    Molly | www.stylemissmolly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My lips get so dry. Sounds like I really need to try this scrub :)

    ReplyDelete