Saturday, 19 December 2015

Eczema Dry Skin Ointment

I haven't spoke for a while about my eczema on here and eczema was the main reason I started this blog. I started this blog to talk about my skincare experiences with eczema and to talk about what has and hasn't worked for my dry sensitive skin.

This post isn't really relevant to anyone who doesn't suffer with a dry skin condition, so sorry in advance to anyone who doesn't fall within this category, but I felt I should share my experience to help others.

I have been using Doublebase gel as my facial moisturiser for the past few years. Whilst this cream is very oily, when I have very very dry skin, it practically just slides straight off my face instead of actually sinking in to my skin.

I finally had my dermatology appointment last week at my local Hospital and the dermatologist has introduced me to a new face cream.

This new cream is Hydromol Ointment.


As you will see from the photo, the cream does not contain SLS, which I am sure by now you know I have completely cut out of my skincare regime. This cream is a very thick ointment and can be used as a deep moisturiser or as a facial mask.

It moisturises my skin better than anything I ever have before and in the week I have been using it, it really has improved my skin dramatically. 

My local Doctors have never recommended this to me before, so if I hadn't visited my dermatologist before I would never have tried this out.

If you haven't tried this before and have very very dry skin, I would recommend you asking your Doctor if you can sample some. It has been a miracle ointment for me. 

I would eventually prefer to have a more natural/organic product for my facial skincare but at the moment I have not found anything that can hydrate my skin enough. 

Has anyone else tried this before? Does anyone have any good moisturisers they would recommend for extremely dry skin?

Love Lauren
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I haven't tried out this product but i would love to!
    I usually use Nivea creme for my skin :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nivea too, it is so moisturising x

      Delete
  2. I suffer from quite bad eczema and have done for a long time so a very interesting post. Thanks!
    -morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so annoying isn't it, I hope yours clears up soon :) x

      Delete
  3. I used to suffer from terrible eczema on my arms and face but thank god that's before me now. Now, if you have anything for oily skin...

    Haha, this one sounds fantastic, Lauren! I hope you enjoy the weekend!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping mine will clear up soon too, it is so annoying isn't it xx

      Delete
  4. I don't know much about dry skin facial treatment, but I've heard that Laneige has a very good sleeping mask for dry skin called Water Sleeping Mask :)

    P.S: Join my mini giveaway!

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that before, I will have to look in to it. Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a nice product♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like very good thing :)
    I have not problems with my skin but I`ve heard about organic oils - so good for removing make- up also for dry skin. I`ve been using Nivea Sensitive for long time in my body care. It is cheap and very good moisturiser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nivea Soft, not Sensitive :))

      Delete
    2. I will have to look in to that, anything to help my skin become more hydrated :) xx

      Delete
  7. Looks and sounds good. I haven't tried this before though. I have a dried skin too. I just stick to Shea butter products.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love shea butter too, especially on my arms, really helps moisturise my skin x

      Delete
  8. I should definitely try this, I've been having really dry skin lately!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps, is very thick but does the job x

      Delete
  9. i dont suffer from dry skin myself but I have friends who do, sharing this with them :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree very good I recommend this one too. I did have a badddddddddd eczma problem before

    ReplyDelete