Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Our 2 year anniversary

So I have actually been able to put up with Callum for 2 years. Or maybe it is the other way round?! Hehe!






To celebrate our anniversary he took me out for a date day last Saturday. Our actual anniversary was yesterday 9th November but as I wasn't able to see him because of my course, he decided to surprise me and take me out on the Saturday instead.

First of all he surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.


He then took me shopping around the Bullring in Birmingham, which is my idea of a perfect day out as shopping is the my favourite thing to do ever.

We then decided to try out the Selfridges Balcony Moet and Chandon Rose Champagne Bar. I have never been here before but I really loved it. I had their Retail Therapy cocktail which is Prosecco with Chambord and raspberry purée. It tasted amazing. If you ever go here, I would definitely recommend this drink.



We were a little peckish (no change there) so decided to order some nibbles. We had the Trio of Sliders which is 3 mini burgers (2 beef and one spicy chicken) and some onion rings. Again, these were amazing, especially the beef burgers.



The bar is pretty pricey (my drink alone was £10.50) but it is lovely for a special occasion.

We then spent our evening in Turtle Bay. Now if you haven't heard of Turtle Bay before it is a Caribbean restaurant and cocktail bar which plays some great old school reggae music whilst you dine.

We managed to get there just before happy hour finished at 7:00pm, meaning all cocktails are 2 for 1. So I thought we may as well treat ourselves to two cocktails each. We both had Koko Colada which is basically their version of Pina Colada. They tasted a-mazing.



For the meal I had the Trinidad Curry Chicken. This is chicken breast with mango, coconut, sweet onion chutney, rice and peas and served with flat bread.



My curry was gorgeous, the best food I have had in a very long time. The only problem I would say is how surprisingly hot it was but to be honest I am the biggest wimp ever when it comes to hot dishes. I guessed it would be hot, just not that hot. However, it was nothing that a jug of water couldn't fix. Though I am sure there aren't many people out there who are more wimpy than I am when it comes to spicy foods?!

Has anyone else been to Turtle Bay before?

All in all, I had a lovely day and I can't wait to spend many more years with Callum.







Love Lauren
xoxo

p.s tomorrow is finally the last day of my advocacy course (wooooo) so I will finally be back to posting more regularly. I have so many reviews of new products to share with you, including an amazing contour kit I have started using and my opinion on a popular drug store concealer.


44 comments:

  1. Congrats! You too are too cute. Happy that you have a wonderful/special day! Cheers to many more!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You two are so cute! I bet you have a amazing and specail day :D
    Happirella | Facebook | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you guys had the perfect day, lots of drinks and foods!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a cocktail called Retail Therapy? Amazing.
    Congrats on the anniversary!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is and it tastes amazing :) x

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary!
    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/winter-and-autumn-essentials

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, happy anniversary!! You both look so happy and cute, this post made me smile. :) Wishing you two all the best! <3 x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!
    We have a Turtle Bay restaurant in Bristol, I love it, but yes i found the curry way too hot also!

    http://travellingthroughmytwenties.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!
    What a beautiful flower arrangement, wishing you two the best!!

    Kristina
    http://chasingtate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!! Wish you many more years together in joy! :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi love, great post I love it.
    Congratulations!
    Love your style of writing.
    Keep me updated on new posts plz?
    Visit me whenever you can;
    http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    IG: its.dominica.s
    Have a lovely week kisses! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both are so adorable and it looks like you had such a great evening! The food looks delicious <3

    Xox
    www.ginatha.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Nice Pics

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous! Your couple is so beautiful and lovely Lisa @ Myfancybathroom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats :) I wish you all the best :) you make such a cute couple :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I love to see happy couples that make it to two years! Looks like you had a lovely time and you both look fantastic!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Wish you all the best. :)

    sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Two years is a big deal! Congrats! From looking at your photos, it seems like you 2 have so much fun together, which is key!! All of your drinks looked delish! I've never been to Turtle Bay but I might need to find one after seeing your pics!!

    Bri | Brianna Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You need to try it if you ever go near one, it is so nice xx

      Delete
  18. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    http://bekleveer.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Lauren! I've never been to Turtle Bay before. Looks like you guys had an amazing time :)
    fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to both of you on 2 years! It sounded like the most perfect day (and that retail therapy cocktail looks & sounds delicious!) xx

    thesundaychapter.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Turtle bay looks so good, I've been wanting to go! Congratulations on the anniversary, it sounds like you had a great time :)

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your two year anniversary! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful pictures. Happy anniversary God bless .
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations you took! Enjoy every second of it!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete