Tuesday, 27 October 2015

A cheap SLS free facial polish

I have been looking for a perfect facial scrub for a while now. I used to use St Ives Facial scrub for years, which as you can read in my previous post, I used to love it as I found it was the only scrub harsh enough to remove the dry skin from my face. That was until I realised it contained Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, as I am staying away from anything that contains Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, I decided it was time to stop using it.

I then discovered Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead eliminating scrub which I reviewed for you all in my post here, this did work pretty good but didn't remove as much dry skin as I had hoped. When looking at the ingredients one day, I realised it actually contained methylisothiazolinone. This ingredient has been reported by the British Association of Dermatologists to cause allergic reactions to people with sensitive skin which in turn causes redness and itching. This is another ingredient I am trying to avoid as my skin is so sensitive, that I just can not take the risk anymore. I will try anything to try to tone down my red inflamed skin at the moment. I need to try to use products that are as natural as possible.

I was food shopping in Waitrose and I came across their own skincare range called 'Pure'. After looking through the products, I came across a facial polish.



The Pure Face polish contains natural ingredients, is fragrance free and is suitable for sensitive skin. As it contains natural ingredients it doesn't contain either of the two ingredients above. After having a quick look online at some of the reviews, I decided to buy it. The fact it was only £2.99 was even more of a bonus.

The ingredients are - Sodium Chloride, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil and Tocopheryl Acetate.



I have used the facial polish as a face scrub twice a week for 3 weeks now and I think it is amazing for the money. It helps remove dead skin cells and leaves my skin looking radiant with no sign of skin irritation at all.



I don't really notice much of a smell to it, you do get a slight smell of coconut oil but that is about it. The texture is quite greasy and and has very small exfoliator beads throughout the product to help remove the dull dry skin on your face.



The only thing I will warn people who are considering buying this is that if you have oily skin, make sure you wash your face thoroughly after use as the polish leaves a small layer of oil on your skin afterwards. This is perfect for my dry skin and I see this as a bonus but if your skin is more on the oily side, be careful of this.

I admit this doesn't remove my dry skin as much as my St Ives Scrub did, but I would never go back, I do not want to aggravate my skin anymore.

If you are looking for a nice cheap facial scrub, the Waitrose Face Polish is the one to try. You won't regret it.

Has anyone else used anything from the Waitrose Pure range before?

Love Lauren
xoxo

49 comments:

  1. Have you considered using a chemical exfoliant instead of a physical one? They are sometimes less irritating to the skin.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip, I will have to look in to it :) xx

      Delete
  2. so affordable! I didnt know about this range! Will have to try given my skin is on the dry side these days!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before either but it is surprisingly very good xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a great product - would love to check it out.

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post dear!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/10/banggood-wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good beauty product. I haven't used this before, but won't mind trying. Great review! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know if you ever end up using it :)

      Delete
  6. I love coconut oil! Great post! xx
    junebugmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool product and it is so cheap! I would really like to try it if I ever find it :D but great post x

    beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know your thoughts if you ever try it :)

      Delete
  8. Great post. I have been looking for something to remove dry skin for a few weeks now. Do you know if this is available in retail stores in the US? I can't believe how cheap it is!!

    http://landofbree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure sorry. If there are Waitrose stores in the US then I am sure they will but I am not sure if Waitrose is there :( xx

      Delete
  9. Good evening.
    Your blog is wonderful , I am following . You could follow my blog too?
    I loved the look
    Kisses from Brazil!
    http://viciadaporlivro.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! this is super fun to read:) i am in love with your blog. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    xox,
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such interesting post, I truly enjoy to read it, very inspiring, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an amazing beauty product! Would love to check it out!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely!
    Hugs,
    Anastasia from
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! My skin is super oily so I'm not sure whether this would be the best product for me, but I'm glad it worked so well for you! :) Thank you for sharing <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, don't try this then just incase :) xx

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the review dear! This would be amazing for my dry skin!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works for you like it did for me :)

      Delete
  16. I love any kind of exfoliating face scrub, they're so great! Thanks for the lovely review!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Anything to help my skin look more radiant

      Delete
  17. Nice review! I love scrubs and a natural one is probably the best alternative!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good scrub too. Anything to make my skin glow :)

      Delete
  18. great post dear! Have a nice day:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds good!!
    http://www.annazuerker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never used this brand before, but reading your full post I want try this product and of course this brand
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, it is so cheap and works so well xx

      Delete
  21. Sounds good. I want to try it someday.
    would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know if you follow me and i will follow you back. Thank you.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been looking for a good scrub! This one looks great and I love that it's not at all pricey! Xx

    www.theemasphere.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how affordable this face polish is! I have't heard of Pure, but I'll definitely have to check it out. Some of the best products can be found in the places you least expect it! :)

    Amy | http://amypham.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. I am glad I decided to go food shopping that day :)

      Delete
  24. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! flawless

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    ReplyDelete