Tuesday, 29 September 2015

My holiday essentials

I have recently got back from a week in Lanzarote with my boyfriend. I had an amazing time and I will tell you alllll about it soon.

Today's post is all about my holiday essentials. The few items that I can not live without when I go on holiday abroad.

First of all are my sunglasses If you read my recent Weekend Sale Finds post, you will have read that I purchased my Michael Korrs sunglasses at Bicester Village. I love sunglasses! I think they make everyone looks great and I took every opportunity I had to put on these glasses in Lanzarote.  I also do not want wrinkles from squinting in the sun!



I also need some good suntan lotion. I love the Nivea Sun Protect and Bronze range which has a built in tan activating protecting oil. I have very pale sensitive skin so I usually wear SPF 20 so I don't burn. It takes me a lot longer to tan than most people but at least I won't have damaged skin from the sun.

However, if you read my lastest skin update post you will have seen that my skin didn't exactly react very well to my suntan lotion. Think I will need to be finding myself a new one for next summer.

I always need some reading material for the plane and the beach/pool.  This year I didn't take any books with me and just took the October 2015 issue of Elle magazine, to spend my time dreaming of all the clothes I desperately need in my life.



When I am not reading, I love nothing more than just lying in the sun listening to music on my iPhone. This is where my earphones come in. I downloaded lots of new songs for my phone in readiness for my holiday to enable me to have a good sing song in my head whilst catching some rays.

For the first time ever, I also downloaded some TV shows for my phone, to occupy me on the plane. I am so angry at myself for not thinking of doing this before. Watching Made in Chelsea made my 4 hour journey fly by. No pun intended.

To carry all of this, you need to have a good beach bag. I have a bright pink Kurt Geiger back which matches my bright pink bikini from Boux Avenue.  It is a big bag so it fits everything I need to carry around with me all day, even my towel. I purchased this from Shoeaholics which you can purchase in peach or yellow here.



I always like to have some comfy shoes to walk around in for the day and I love these white sandals from Topshop which were only £28.00. They are so comfy and look great with a pair of denim hight waisted shorts.



It is always beneficial to take a few sleep in rollers with you. Even though the second my hair hits humidity I end up looking like Monica from Friends in Barbados, it still seems to go flat on top. I hate my hair flat and want as much volume as possible. That is why I pack 6 sleep in rollers with me when I go away. I put them in whilst I get ready, give them a quick blast with my hair dryer before I take them out and my hair has some volume at the roots.
The rollers are currently on offer for only £16.16 here.

The one item I literally could not live without on holiday is my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. It is MAGICAL. If you want to see my review on this product, have a look here.



What can't you live without when you go on holiday?

Love Lauren
xoxo

47 comments:

  1. Your blog is so beautiful!! You always have amazing blog post !! keep up the great work !!

    come say hi

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunglasses for sure! I've forgotten mine on 2/3 occasions and been so annoyed at myself!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag and glasses are so pretty!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A holiday essential for me is definitely sunscreen (if its a sunny, warm place) a good purse and my camera!! Great post.

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think downloading shows and putting them onto a device are the most important part for me, haha. Reading material, too, are an essential for me!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, perfect for the boring aeroplane journeys! x

      Delete
  7. Sunglasses and earplugs when I stay in a hotel. And my iPad which doubles up as my eBook reader!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bag :) i hope you have an amazing holiday!

    Gabrielle Isabella x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most gorgeous beach bag!!!

    Megan || Oh Hey! blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kindle and a lip balm!!

    www.makeupxpressions.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beach bag looks really fancy :D I like your essentials.. they're smart :) Great post! xx

    beautypeptalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Protect and Bronze range is my holy grail sun cream I don't use anything else when I'm on holiday, it actually does make you tan faster!

    www.laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works great on my body! I need all the help I can get with getting a tan!xx

      Delete
  13. Love the shoes! <3 Sounds like you had an amazing holiday =) <3

    Following on bloglovin' x x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me I can't sit still so good reading material and some good songs downloaded to my iPhone are essentials to making it as easy going as possible- I also pack about 74464646 bathing suits because I'm obsessed lol
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shoessssss!
    I am so jealous you have them Lauren!

    Thanks for sharing! Absolutely love your picks

    Happirella | Facebook | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Dear,
    I really like your Posts & you have great Pictures. Would you like to support each other and follow via Bloglovin, Google + & GFC? That would be so cool, and I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    MY BLOG
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Essentials :)

    can you help me with my collaboration and CLICK HERE pls ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great post, thanks for sharing! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi hun, LOVE IT! Great Post.
    Thank you for sharing this with us. *-:
    Follow my blog if you'd like to join my monthly give-away.
    BLOG: http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    INSTAGRAM: its.dominica.s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will follow you now x

      Delete
  20. I totally love the Kurt Geiger bag and the sandals!!

    http://livialinette.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the bag! can't wait to hear about the trip :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE those sunglasses! I can’t wait to see you link it up over at the style & beauty link up! The Style Files Link-Up

    ReplyDelete